nanog mailing list archives

Re: G root servers unreachable via ICMP(v6)

From: Steve Sullivan <stevos () dns-oarc net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 08:52:49 -0700

Hi Willy,

I will ping the OARC team on your email.  Something might be up with the list.

Steve

On 5/15/2023 8:38 PM, Willy Manga wrote:
Hi,

DNS speaking, I can query G root servers; at least, that's the most important.

However, from several sites, either on IPv4 or IPv6, I cannot ping(6) them. Is it by design, or it's an issue?

Side question: even if it was by design, is it a good practice to completely restrict ICMP(v6)?

Thanks.

P.S: I sent the same email to dns-operations () lists dns-oarc net since 12 May 2023 but it's still in moderation.. If one admin is around .. :)