nanog mailing list archives

Re: A blatant podcast plug

From: Dave Taht <dave.taht () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 08:36:59 -0800

On Sun, Mar 5, 2023 at 3:02 PM Alexander Huynh via NANOG

On 2023-03-05 12:34:40 -0800, Dave Taht wrote:
I rather enjoyed doing this podcast a few weeks ago, (and enjoy this
podcast a lot, generally), and it talks to what I've been up to for
the past year or so on fixing bufferbloat for ISPs.

https://packetpushers.net/podcast/heavy-networking-666-improving-quality-of-experience-with-libreqos/

Thank you for the link! I'll give it a listen this evening.

Pathetically, what did you think?

I am kind of curious as to how much XDP and EBPF now exist in the
nanog universe and other applications y'all are finding for it?

We at Cloudflare use both XDP and eBPF extensively for our load
balancing and DoS mitigation applications:
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Ablog.cloudflare.com+xdp+OR+ebpf

David Tubes (of cloudflare) gave a pretty good talk at our recently
concluded "understanding latency conference.
Toke gave a pretty good talk on the state of bpf
Kathie Nichols talked about some nifty packet analysis techniques
Vodaphone opened with surprising candor about there being no demand for > 1gbit
Nokia talked about L4S
Stuart Cheshire of apple talked about their RPM metric
Had a good panel with ookla

And me, I channeled Roy Beatty from Blade Runner for all the network
problems I have seen and attempted to fix in just the past few weeks,
for a 3 minute monologue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAVwmUG21OY&t=6483s

:)

I would really like to start a "back to packet captures" movement!
Have MS-clippy show up and say "Your network is being weird, would you
like me to take a packet capture?", and/or daveGPT3 chime in.

Anyway, last blatant plug on this list, if you want to feel some mild
winds of positive change, please cue up:

https://www.understandinglatency.com/recordings-2023

and pass around.

--
Alex