nanog mailing list archives

Re: Spamhaus flags any IP announced by our ASN as a criminal network

From: August Yang via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 14:17:25 -0400

RIPE NCC Requirements: End User Assignment Agreement states:

“End User may not sub-assign resources to third parties.”

Best regards,
August Yang

On 2023-03-21 13:12, George Toma wrote:
I do not believe ASN sharing is illegal or prohibited, it's not
prohibited in LACNIC and in APNIC policy I also could not find
anything about ASN sharing, only

APNIC policy states:
"2.3. Autonomous System (AS)An Autonomous System (AS) is a connected
group of one or more IP prefixes run by one or more network operators
under a single and clearly defined routing policy.
2.3.1. Autonomous System Number (ASN)
An Autonomous System Number (ASN) is a unique two- or four-byte number
associated with an AS. The ASN is used as an identifier to allow the
AS to exchange dynamic routing information with other Autonomous
Systems."

Nothing prohibiting ASN sharing and 2.3 specifically states "run by
one or more network operators... single routing policy"

Regards
George