nanog mailing list archives

Re: Software to document fiber networks - in house only

From: Denis Fondras <xxnog () ledeuns net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 09:24:39 +0200

Le Tue, Jun 13, 2023 at 03:12:29PM -0300, Jean Franco a écrit :
Hi all,

I know this must have been on the table before, but I'm looking for a
in-house solution, something I can host on our own datacenter to document
fiber networks, maps and so forth.

I use a mix of Qgis, PostgreSQL, PostGIS and the GraceTHD model (which seems to be
France specific though). This requires a bit of work at the beginning but works
really great once installed, is self-hosted and does not require too much
attention afterwards. Qfield can be used on mobile for usage by field
technicians.