nanog mailing list archives

Re: Picking a RIR/obtaining an AS/ressurrecting a legacy space

From: Dave Taht <dave.taht () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 16:51:16 -0600

On Thu, Jul 6, 2023 at 3:26 PM William Herrin <bill () herrin us> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 6, 2023 at 1:43 PM John Curran <jcurran () arin net> wrote:
You are correct, insomuch if one intends to alter answers about the purported history
of an address block from what was said the first time, we won’t simply disregard the
previously supplied story.

With due respect John, any given set of facts can be presented more
than one way, without altering any of the facts. When a use case is
dead center for ARIN's normal operation, it doesn't much matter. When
it's more of an edge case, I recommend having a friendly ear help you
get your ducks in a row before saying anything to ARIN. And let's face
it, it doesn't get much more edge case than updating a dormant
pre-ARIN (legacy) address block.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

The history here goes back 30 years! (
http://www.ccil.org/home/about-ccil/history-of-ccil ) Eric is mostly
retired, rarely answers email, and all memories of this period faint.
I have reached out to them to see if they still have use for the other
/24.

Thank you everyone for explaining how things work nowadays.

--
William Herrin
bill () herrin us

--