nanog mailing list archives

Re: AWS hosted sites like slack unreachable

From: Pete Rohrman <prohrman () stage2networks com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 21:04:58 -0400

Margi,

I ran into that years ago with AWS.  I had a service provider clearing calls for me, and they were hosted on AWS.   Kept pushing my service provider to open tickets with AWS. The issue would resolve for a day, then return, etc.....  There was no permanent resolution offered by AWS.  The issue kept re-emerging.  I wasn't a paying customer of AWS, so I had to find another solution.

The solution that I was forced to use was to set up a proxy on another network.  I built a virtual server (I used DigitalOcean), set it up to proxy that specific traffic, and I had to bounce all the traffic off of that proxy to get in/out of AWS.

Keep that solution in your back pocket if you don't get this cleared up.

Good Luck,

Pete
Stage2 "Survivor Island" Bronze Medal Winner