nanog mailing list archives

Re: ROA Will Expire Soon - ARIN

From: Ca By <cb.list6 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 09:08:20 -0700

On Fri, Sep 9, 2022 at 9:04 AM Brad Gorman <bgorman () arin net> wrote:

A message is sent to points of contact of an Org one month before
expiration of a ROA in the ARIN repository.  At any time prior to the ROA
expiry, a new (duplicate) ROA can be created for the same resources with a
new expiry date in the future. The soon to expire ROA can be deleted once
the new ROA has been published to the repository or you can simply wait for
it to expire.

Brad

Any chance arin can post a step by step guide on the arin website?

Seems like a big deal to have an roa expire, and a well documented process
will create a lot of confidence.

As where an expired roa outage will cause a company to never use rpki
again.