nanog mailing list archives

Re: Request for BGP Community-to-text mappings for BGP Looking Glass

From: Warren Kumari <warren () kumari net>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 01:18:29 +0000

On Sat, Sep 24, 2022 at 12:57 AM, Teun Vink <nanog () nanog org> wrote:

Hi,

On 23 Sep 2022, at 18:01, Job Snijders via NANOG wrote:

Dear all,

I'd like to ask help from the EBGP hivemind: the shiny new BGP looking
glass at https://lg.ring.nlnog.net/ supports displaying text strings
mapped from BGP community values (both simple and large communities).

[…]

Please consider submitting what you know! The more the merrier.

[…]

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this to everyone’s attention, Job! And thanks for all
the help getting the LG where it is now :)

Indeed. It's been a while since I'd last looked at the NLNOG LG and it's
gotten even more impressive over time…

As an alternative, feel free to send me (off list: teun () teun tv) a list
of communities. But creating a pull request on our Github repository is
preferred of course.

Thanks,
Teun