nanog mailing list archives

Re: [External] Normal ARIN registration service fees for LRSA entrants after 31 Dec 2023

From: Steve Noble <snoble () sonn com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 09:48:04 -0700

John Curran wrote on 9/16/22 9:30 AM:

On 16 Sep 2022, at 12:26 PM, Steve Noble <snoble () sonn com <mailto:snoble () sonn com>> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022, 9:23 AM John Curran <jcurran () arin net <mailto:jcurran () arin net>> wrote:

    Steve -

    If you have IPv4 or IPv6 resources under an RSA/LRSA, then you
    are an ARIN service member.

    ARIN service members in good standing can (via ARIN online or by
    contacting the RSD helpdesk) opt
    to become ARIN general members and participate in ARIN governance
    – this includes agreeing to be
    included on the ARIN member list, assigning a voting contact for
    your organization, and participating in
    ARIN elections.

Hi John,

My point was that you said community, not general members.  I understand that I am blocked from voting because I don't pay enough.

There is no additional fee involved in becoming an ARIN general member - it’s available to all service members in good standing upon request (“good standing” meaning current
with ARIN on their invoiced fees.)

For more information see here – https://www.arin.net/announcements/20211229/

Hi John,

In my reading of that announcement that there is an additional fee. I do not have any IPv4 or IPv6 resources so I would need to acquire them and pay for them to be allowed to vote on things that directly affect me.  I am not sure how this is different than before.  I am still disenfranchised as a ASN only customer.

"Presently be an ARIN Service Member in good standing with IPv4 and/or IPv6 number resources receiving services under a valid ARIN registration services agreement."

--
Thank you,
Steven