nanog mailing list archives

Re: Announcement of Experiments

From: Tom Beecher <beecher () beecher cc>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 10:17:44 -0400

If, for any reason, you want to opt out from us using your ASN for our
experiments, you can do so in the following form before May 9:

https://forms.gle/ZvZaodndPhCqMvR89

If I am interpreting this correctly that you are just going to yolo a bunch
of random ASNs to poison paths with, perhaps you should consider getting
explicit permission for the ASNs you want to use instead.

A lot of operators monitor the DFZ for prefixes with their ASN in the path,
and wouldn't appreciate random support tickets because their NOC got some
alert. :)

On Mon, May 2, 2022 at 10:02 AM Alexandros Milolidakis <amilolid () gmail com>