nanog mailing list archives

Re: What's going on with AS147028?

From: Mike Leber via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 15:20:25 -0700

This kind of thing is a problem from time to time with the data we get from route collectors.

When we see it we have to add the culprit ASN to a filter list we keep in bgp.he.net.

It tends to be a repeat problem with some collectors and some ASNs.

We haven't really figured out why people send junk routes to route collectors.

The things we've seen aren't just route leaks.  We've seen a variety of AS path spoofing.

We've already added this specific ASN to the filter list and pushed an update for bgp.he.net.

Note, this email is specifically talking about routes received from route collectors and not routes operationally received by he.net via BGP sessions with actual networks.

Mike.