nanog mailing list archives

Re: Operator survey: Incrementally deployable secure Internet routing

From: scott <surfer () mauigateway com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 14:59:25 -1000

Hello,

"are described in further detail in the survey"

Doing the survey gives legitimacy to something I feel is not correct

-------

"We understand the privacy concern. As for SBAS, the backbone is operated in a federated manner among PoP operators."

I asked about the ISDs and put a FAQ you have as an example.  I didn't ask about the SBAS.  It seems to me that the ingress/egress of an ISD is the place a government surveillance network would reside.  All country internet communications go through a chokepoint to get on the SBAS, so it's easier to surveil the population.  Especially if you envision the ISD to have its own DNS.

scott