nanog mailing list archives

Re: home router battery backup

From: Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 13:59:10 -0800

On 1/12/22 9:21 PM, Mark Tinka wrote:

On 1/12/22 21:41, Michael Thomas wrote:

We just installed a battery too, but it will probably only last ~1 day and much less than that in winter. We're in the process of looking at a generator that interfaces directly with the inverter so that it handles the grid, the battery, the solar and the generator along with the transfer switch.

Or maybe the other way around - perhaps you should be looking for an inverter that handles all power sources... battery, utility and generator, so you don't have to worry about managing the transfer.

That's what I have. Or at least that's what SolarEdge is promising for the generator part of the equation with a software upgrade.

Mike