nanog mailing list archives

RE: home router battery backup

From: Ryland Kremeier <rkremeier () barryelectric com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 18:12:34 +0000

My current solution is having the UPS plugged into my bare metal fileserver. But I’m wanting to get rid of it at some
point so any other solution will be superior to none. I appreciate the added info!

That being said my current router solution is a Ubiquity ER4. I don’t currently run openWRT on anything because my
older server hardware wasn’t able to keep up with full 1gb up and down speeds with openwrt or any other flavor of self
hosted routing. Not sure I could still apply your solution to an ER4.

Thank you,
-- Ryland