nanog mailing list archives

Re: Russian aligned ASNs?

From: richey goldberg <richey.goldberg () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 17:54:02 +0000

They have the skills and the ability to stop it but the people who report the traffic represent 0% of their revenue so
they could care less.    It’s the same actors every single day.   Microsoft,  Amazon, Google, Phychz Networks, Digital
Ocean, etc. that spew garbage from their networks.   For a while we would send abuse reports because management felt it
would do nothing even though we told them it wouldn’t.       Out all of the reports sent I only ever saw one response
that wasn’t a canned response and it was from Microsoft that basically said “Yea, we know it’s an issue but they pay us
and you don’t so block it yourself”.

Of course it it’s your customer that’s sending them crap traffic they will go nuclear if you don’t remove the offending
traffic in .1337 seconds.

-richey