nanog mailing list archives

Re: [CA Geeks] Vijay Gill

From: Gregory Urban <urban () yaic com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 13:04:28 -0400

I went to college with Vijay. He was a force even back then, and he will be
sorely missed by many.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2022 at 12:47 PM Mel Beckman <mel () beckman org> wrote:

Besides his many contributions to Nanog, I knew Vij from Twilio. He was
very willing to share his time at one of the Twillio conferences, where I
had been hired to stand up the conference WiFi network on a leased gigabit
pipe on very short notice. I became a Twilio user as a result of his
enthusiasm. I know he contributed to the IAB, and had stints at both Google
and Microsoft.

In particular, I recall his enthusiastic and extremely detailed 2010
NANOG49 talk "Worse Is Better", about Google’s network architecture.

He will be missed.

 -mel

On Aug 3, 2022, at 9:10 AM, Eric Germann via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>