nanog mailing list archives

Re: The Outage

From: Andy Ringsmuth <andy () andyring com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 13:35:59 -0500

On Oct 4, 2021, at 1:31 PM, Matthew Petach <mpetach () netflight com> wrote:

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 10:58 AM Andy Ringsmuth <andy () andyring com> wrote:
I suppose it could just be me.

Or it could be more than just me.

Anyone else noticing that at the same time as the giant FB outage, both the outages and outages-discussion lists are
suddenly slow as molasses in January too?

Checking some headers on messages that do make it through to outages, I’m seeing delays up to an hour and a half.

I sent one messages to outages-discussion at 11:41 CDT (75 minutes ago) and haven’t seen it show up yet.

Isn't it "outages-discuss", not "outages-discussion"?

Does it show up faster if you send to outages-discuss instead?

Matt

I was typing the list names from memory, not from my address book.

Another list member confirmed messages are showing up in the web archive for the outages lists but the delays are in
delivery.

-Andy