nanog mailing list archives

Re: Global issues @ Telia - doing a "FB/hold my beer" move?

From: Ca By <cb.list6 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 12:36:52 -0700

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 11:47 AM Max Tulyev <maxtul () netassist ua> wrote:

We have 2 ports from Telia, one in Kiev (Ukraine) and one in New York
(USA). I have seen both ports simultaneously dropped traffic volume for
about one hour today.

It was not critical (for us), as traffic was shifted to another links,
and there was no unreachable destinations like BGP announces with
traffic blackholed. But looks strange.

Thats why it is called the bridging gap protocol

While Telia barfed, it bridged the gap.

See, bgp is not all bad. There are no bad routes, only bad days

07.10.21 21:23, Vincentz Petzholtz пише:
Hi everyone,

Looks like the season for outages is on. Does anyone has more details
regarding the issues at Telia? I didn't found any public available
information. They say it's over but this is clearly not the case.

Best regards,
Vincentz