nanog mailing list archives

Re: TLD .so Partial Outage?

From: "Tom Daly" <tjd () q7 io>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 11:27:18 -0400

Hi Bill,

Improved for sure. Thanks for the outreach.

Looks to me like there may still be some lingering issues:
https://p.catchpoint.com/ui/Entry/PC/V/ASNc-D-D-BHL40FjZF_2McMAA. I've asked the AfriNIC folks to continue to have a
look.

Thanks,
Tom

--
Tom Daly
tjd () q7 io

On Sun, May 16, 2021, at 11:24 AM, Bill Woodcock wrote:

On May 15, 2021, at 9:05 PM, Tom Daly <tjd () q7 io> wrote:

Hello NANOG'ers!

I'm observing a near global outage of DNS services from d.nic.so. This appears to be an AfriNIC anycast DNS service.

Does anyone have contacts at AfriNIC for their DNS systems available?

e.nic.so seems to be responding (hosted behind PCH, thanks Woody!).

Our staff contacted AfriNIC staff and got an acknowledgement that they
were in process of resolving it at the time.

                                -Bill

Attachments:
* signature.asc