nanog mailing list archives

Shaw Cable (AS6327) traffic Engineering communities

From: Christopher Munz-Michielin <christopher () ve7alb ca>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 14:06:17 -0700

Hey all,

Anyone on the list familiar with traffic engineering for Shaw (AS6327)?  I support an anycast DNS network and one of our upstream networks has Shaw in their blend, which gives us great access to Shaw's customers (desired) but unfortunately also results in Shaw announcing our prefixes out all their IX links around the world, pulling a bunch of traffic across the continent unnecessarily.

If anyone is familiar with traffic engineering towards Shaw and could contact me on or off list it would be appreciated.

Regards,
Christopher Munz-Michielin