nanog mailing list archives

Re: New minimum speed for US broadband connections

From: Mike Hammett <nanog () ics-il net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 16:58:29 -0500 (CDT)

I think there was a discussion on NANOG sometime earlier this year about how negligent it was of operators to
oversubscribe the way they do. Now the sentiment in this thread is to push peak speeds above all else because no one
uses it anyway, so let's get this microbursting out of the way.

Can't have it both ways. Well, without being wasteful.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com