nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cogent and Altice Contacts for Routing Issue

From: Vinny Abello via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 14:58:00 -0400

This issue now seems resolved. If anyone here was directly responsible for the resolution, thank you.

-Vinny

Vinny Abello via NANOG wrote on 6/11/2021 11:17 AM:
Hello,

Please excuse the noise. If there are any network engineers from Cogent and Altice on the list, could you please email me directly. This is regarding a specific Altice IPv4 aggregate in the NYC area that Cogent in the NYC area is handing off to Zayo in San Jose for some reason. It subsequently seemingly has a lot of packet loss coming back to the NYC area through Zayo's network. It's affecting my remote employees.

I can provide traceroutes privately as not to clutter up the list.

Bad Altice Aggregate in question: 67.84.0.0/14

Good Altice aggregate routing properly: 68.196.0.0/14

Thanks in advance.

-Vinny