nanog mailing list archives

Is Verizon core network broken? Can someone reach out to Verizon core network team so that they can look into why so many networks are missing?

From: S Umple <sumple () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 11:35:35 -0400

Hi,

I've been a new Verizon residential FIOS user since May and the mysterious
connectivity issues at home lead me to a bit of hunting. From what I can
tell, the Verizon network as a whole effectively blocks or filters
following major networks. The same networks are mostly reachable from AT&T
LTE networks and major cloud computing providers.

Below is a comparison of 'show ip route' of a VZ router and a routeviews
router.

<VZ INET router>#
      81.0.0.0/8 is variably subnetted, 2835 subnets, 14 masks
      121.51.0.0/16 <empty>
      182.254.0.0/16 is variably subnetted, 3 subnets, 2 masks

route-views.routeviews.org>
      81.0.0.0/8 is variably subnetted, 3247 subnets, 19 masks
      121.0.0.0/8 is variably subnetted, 2571 subnets, 18 masks
      182.254.0.0/16 is variably subnetted, 113 subnets, 5 masks

Anyone able to validate my findings, and/or take this issue to higher VZ
support?

Thanks.