nanog mailing list archives

Re: Google Geo Location Issues

From: Hank Nussbacher <hank () interall co il>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 09:58:54 +0300

On 30/06/2021 17:43, Jason Kuehl wrote:

Once you have access to isp.google.com your problems are far from over. You would assume that they would use whois info to know which prefix belongs to your ASN. That would be wrong. If you have, for example, a multi-homed customer and you provided them with a smaller prefix (/27) from within your larger prefix (/19), and since they are multihomed some other ASN announces that smaller prefix (/27), Google will see that and invalidate any geo-location info you provide for your /19. Google follows the BGP routing table as authoritative for ownership of prefixes.

Regards,
Hank

Caveat: The views expressed above are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of my employer

This is want I'm working on setting up, here is hoping they approve my account.