nanog mailing list archives

Re: Nice work Ron

From: Fredrik Holmqvist / I2B <fredrik () i2b se>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 20:20:26 +0100

Hi.

Just a question "this one hosted a Web site for a terrorist organization", which terrorist organizations web site did they host ?

---
Fredrik Holmqvist

On 2021-01-21 20:11, Töma Gavrichenkov wrote:
Peace,

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021, 9:57 PM Tom Beecher <beecher () beecher cc> wrote:

fraudulent business records are used all over the world for things
like this all the time. Calling for a complete audit of LACNIC feels
quite extreme absent a pattern of issues, which doesn't seem to have
been presented.

Listen, here, we basically cherry-picked an arbitrary AS and
immediately found a policy violation.

Yes, this one hosted a Web site for a terrorist organization, but
there are plenty such orgs in the world.  This one was just outta luck
with this.  This is what makes me worry.

--
Töma