nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hosting recommendations ... ?

From: Bryan Holloway <bryan () shout net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 17:31:21 +0100

Fair questions -- answers in-line ...

On 1/19/21 5:19 PM, Josh Luthman wrote:
I'm kind of confused when your concern is the reputability and yet you're providing your own IP space.

I care about the hosting environment's upstreams' opinions of the downstream.

That is, I don't want to be in a situation where some jamoke (or jamokes) does something which affects me from a collateral damage standpoint.

It sounds more to me like you want to put 2-3 boxes in a data center. For that pretty much any decent sized data center in any state would work for the US.

I would like to stop personally dealing with bare-metal. That's what I'm doing now.