nanog mailing list archives

Re: CoPP on NXOS

From: Jay Ford <jnford () uiowa net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 09:14:25 -0600 (CST)

Setting the "conform" & "violate" actions to "drop" for a class with
appropriate ACL matching seems to work:

   policy-map type control-plane copp-policy-whatever
     ! other classes ...
     class copp-class-undesirable-junk
       set cos 0
       police cir 32 kbps bc 310 ms conform drop violate drop
     ! other classes ...

The rates are irrelevant in that case, but still required.

Jay Ford, Network Engineering, University of Iowa
email: jay-ford () uiowa edu, phone: 319-335-5555