nanog mailing list archives

RE: Log4j mitigation

From: Jean St-Laurent via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 05:54:14 -0500

Well if you look to the right you won't see it, but if you look to the left you will see it.

Meaning, that for a successful attack to work, the infected host needs to first download a payload from ldap.

And ldap runs on port 389/636.

You probably can't see the log4j vulnerability in the https, but you should be able to see your servers querying weird
stuff on internet on port 389/636.

Just don't allow your important hosts to fetch payload on internet on port 389/636.

Et voila! Look to the left, not to the right.

Jean