nanog mailing list archives

Re: FCC fines for unauthorized carrier changes and consumer billing

From: scott <surfer () mauigateway com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 13:30:08 -1000

::  "the Paniolo Cable Company for their interisland fiber network"

I see I wasn't clear.  The Paniolo Cable Company was part of SIC by ownership

https://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/news/2020/12/01/hawaiian-telcom-to-acquire-fiber-network-paniolo.html

That bankruptcy hearing, meanwhile, comes on the heels of a real estate fire-sale consummated on May 18 in which a company controlled by disgraced businessman Albert S.N. Hee — which owns one of the three undersea cables the entire state depends on for its data services — effectively sold parts of itself to another company controlled by the same family. The companies in question are Honolulu-based Sandwich Isles Communications and Paniolo Cable.

scott