nanog mailing list archives

Re: Telstra Hijack

From: Ross Tajvar <ross () tajvar io>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 17:29:41 -0400

Bad prefixes are all gone. This looks resolved from my point of view.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 5:18 PM Ross Tajvar <ross () tajvar io> wrote:

I'm still seeing bad prefixes from Cogent, but our other upstreams (NTT,
GTT, Telia) blocked them.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 5:09 PM Sadiq Saif <lists () sadiqsaif com> wrote:

On Tue, 29 Sep 2020, at 16:36, Ross Tajvar wrote:
I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this yet, but Telstra is
hijacking a lot of prefixes:

https://rpki.cloudflare.com/?view=bgp&prefix=&asn=1221&validState=Invalid

Since we don't have RPKI filtering in our network (yet), we are
currently filtering everything with the path ".* 4637 1221$".

This is of course taking a while...

My employer's prefixes were affected, I posted about it on the AusNOG
list so I could get some assistance. It has cleared up now but it took
about two hours or so.

I saw AS paths like this from HE's looking glass:
6461x4, 4637x11, 1221

I would love to know what the root cause of the leak was.

--
  Sadiq Saif