nanog mailing list archives

Re: Centurylink having a bad morning?

From: Jason Kuehl <jason.w.kuehl () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2020 09:46:05 -0400

If the client pays me a shit ton of money to make sure the server
won't turn off, and they pay for the hardware to make it happen. I;d think
about it. It's a like a colo move on hardmode.

Its extremely stupid, and I would advise not doing it.

Hell even when I migrated e911 server, we had a 20 minutes outage to move
the physical server. If that server can't be shut off, something was built
wrong.