nanog mailing list archives

Re: [outages] Major Level3 (CenturyLink) Issues

From: Saku Ytti <saku () ytti fi>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2020 12:53:11 +0300

On Wed, 2 Sep 2020 at 12:50, Vincent Bernat <bernat () luffy cx> wrote:

It seems BIRD contains an implementation for RFC7313. From the source
code, it delays removal of stale route until EoRR, but it doesn't seem
to delay the work on updating the kernel. Juniper doesn't seem to
implement it. Cisco seems to implement it, but only on refresh, not on
the initial connection. Is there some survey around this RFC?

Correct it doesn't do anything for initial, but I took it as an
example how we might approach the problem of initial convergence cost
at scaled environments.

--
  ++ytti