nanog mailing list archives

Re: Ingress filtering on transits, peers, and IX ports

From: Tim Durack <tdurack () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 10:49:35 -0400

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 10:30 AM Saku Ytti <saku () ytti fi> wrote:

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 at 17:22, Tim Durack <tdurack () gmail com> wrote:

We deploy urpf strict on all customer end-host and broadband circuits.
In this scenario urpf = ingress acl I don't have to think about.

But you have to think about what prefixes a customer has. If BGP you
need to generate prefix-list, if static you need to generate a static
route. As you already have to know and manage this information, what
is the incremental cost to also emit an ACL?

--
  ++ytti

"You might argue that ingress packet acl would be operationally simpler on
customer and upstream, as you could cover all scenarios."

Although for a static customer urpf is hard to beat...

--
Tim:>