nanog mailing list archives

Re: Youtube TV Location error. Google Confirms issue but can't fix.

From: Josh Luthman <josh () imaginenetworksllc com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 15:15:33 -0500

Did you try this?  https://support.google.com/websearch/workflow/9308722

Josh Luthman
24/7 Help Desk: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 2:01 PM Nate Burke <nate () blastcomm com> wrote:

Anyone here from the Youtube TV side of Google?   I've had a ticket open
for 2 months on one of my /24 subnets getting the wrong City location.
Every ticket reply from Google confirms that they see the incorrect
location, They reference that it is part of a larger geo-location
problem with YoutubeTV, and it's been sent to engineering.  For 2 months
Engineering has been 'working on a fix' with no ETA.

Anyone know what this massive geo-location issue is that they reference,
and when it will be fixed?  Other subnets are locating correction, just
this one /24, that's part of a larger block I've had for 20 years.

Nate Burke
Blast Communications