nanog mailing list archives

Re: att or sonic "residential" fiber service at a "nontraditional" residence.

From: Brandon Martin <lists.nanog () monmotha net>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 21:05:56 -0500

On 11/1/20 8:20 PM, Mark Seiden wrote:
(would this violate some tariff?  could they refuse to install?)

AT&T's fiber service is not a tariffed service anywhere that I know of. They absolutely could refuse to install it at what they deem a "business" location and likely would. I know Comcast will only install "Business Class" service at what they deem "business" locations. I assume this is, in both cases, due to the substantially higher margin on "business" services.

As to what Sonic would do, I have no idea. Their market model is quite a bit different. I also can't imagine they're actually overlaying AT&T's fiber-to-the-prem network as, to my knowledge, AT&T does not allow 3rd party access to it in any market.
--
Brandon Martin