nanog mailing list archives

Re: Strange connectivity issue Frontier EVPL

From: Mike Lyon <mike.lyon () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 10:46:47 -0800

Recently saw a relatively same problem when Wave migrated us off of their antiquated 6500 to a brand new ASR920. EVPL
had been working flawlessly for years on the 6500, but then stopped working when migrated to the ASR. Tried multiple
ports on the ASR and then even another brand new ASR, same problem. Moved the circuit over to another (different)
antiquated 6500 and all was good.

On my side, i was using a Mikrotik, i had the port in a bridge group and was seeing all the MAC addresses across the
link but for some reason, they weren’t showing up in the ARP table of the Mikrotik. Tried a couple other Mikrotik
devices, same thing. Installed a dumb gigabit switch in the middle, same thing. However, when my laptop was plugged in,
that worked.

So yes, seen the same weird behavior. As to how to fix it, no idea :)

-Mike