nanog mailing list archives

Re: free collaborative tools for low BW and losy connections

From: Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 11:23:00 -0700

On 3/30/20 11:18 AM, Keith Medcalf wrote:
On Monday, 30 March, 2020 11:19, Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com> wrote:

On 3/30/20 5:52 AM, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 06:30:16AM -0500, Joe Greco wrote:
Actual text traffic has been slowly dying off for years as webforums
have matured and become a better choice of technology for nontechnical
end users on high speed Internet connections.
My view is that the move to web forums is a huge downgrade.  Mailing
lists are vastly superior.
[]
The thing that mailing lists lack is a central directory of their
existence. The discovery problem is a pretty big one.
Where is this to be found for webforums?  I have never seen one.  Or do you think Google is such a master index?  Can
you please pose your Google query that you think results in a comprehensive index of *all* webforums?

Or is your comment nothing more that you noticing that NEITHER e-mail lists NOR webforums have a master index, which is
a rather useless observation that would indicate that webforums have zero advantage over mailing lists in this regard,
so what is the point of the whataboutism?

Usenet had them.

Mike