nanog mailing list archives

Re: CISA critical infrastructure letters

From: Danny McPherson <danny () tcb net>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 15:26:44 -0400

Indeed, many folks are developing letters summarizing the specific company mission, employee role & authorization, and tethering that to the DHS access letter(s) with more information to inform / better enable anyone that may need to assess.

You should also be aware of any local / state requirements in the relevant jurisdictions (e.g., pre-notify some entity of travel _before it takes place in a restricted area) - FEMA maintains state re-entry and private sector contact information in various regions (with varying utility - it seems the ones that have dealt with natural disasters such as hurricanes, e.g., Region IV, are better prepared for this at the moment - harmonization would be good).

This certainly varies on a country by country basis as well (e.g., some require pre-established / vetting of critical role and then issue them only to specific individuals when necessary). Ideally, if applicable your folks have already established those relationships in the event that they need them.

-danny