nanog mailing list archives

RE: interesting troubleshooting

From: <adamv0025 () netconsultings com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 04:23:33 -0000

Saku Ytti
Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2020 4:26 PM

On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 at 18:19, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu> wrote:

So the three or four times we tried to get FAT going (in a
multi-vendor network), it simply didn't work.

Yeah we run it in a multivendor network (JNPR, CSCO, NOK), works.

I would also recommend people exclusively using CW+FAT and disabling LSR
payload heuristics (JNPR default, but by default won't do with CW, can do
with CW too).

And I'd add entropy labels too -for L3VPN traffic.
Using all this you know where to look (at PE edge) for any hashing related problems.

adam