nanog mailing list archives

Re: Google peering in LAX

From: Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2020 17:37:16 -0800

On 3/2/20 4:32 PM, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
That said, I fear this is going to be a problem long term. A blind “no /24s” filter is dangerous, plus it might solve
all traffic issues. It is going to take effort to be sure you don’t get bitten by the Law Of Unintended Consequences.

As soon as Google un-freezes new peering requests so I can get a direct peering that includes appropriate /24's I've been told offlist I should get (instead of the route server subset) I'll happily remove the transit filters. But I can only work with what I'm given.