nanog mailing list archives

Re: why am i in this handbasket? (was Devil's Advocate - Segment Routing, Why?)

From: Masataka Ohta <mohta () necom830 hpcl titech ac jp>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 20:33:11 +0900

Masataka Ohta wrote:

The point of Yakov on day one was that, flow driven approach of
Ipsilon does not scale and is unacceptable.

Though I agree with Yakov here, we must also eliminate all the
flow driven approaches by MPLS or whatever.

I still don't see them in practice, even though they may have been proposed.

I don't know, either, as it's Adam who said:

> But MPLS can be made flow driven (it can be made whatever the
> policy dictates), for instance DSCP driven…

                                                Masataka Ohta