nanog mailing list archives

Re: 60 ms cross-continent

From: Rod Beck <rod.beck () unitedcablecompany com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 23:55:12 +0000

Microwave is used for long haul wireless transmission for the ultra-latency crowd. Free space laser has more bandwidth,
but is sensitive to fog and at least until the last few years much less range. I sell ULL routes to financial players.
A 10 meg microwave circuit CME/Secaucus Equinix ranges from $185K per month to $20K a month.