nanog mailing list archives

Re: Devil's Advocate - Segment Routing, Why?

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 13:28:19 +0200

On 21/Jun/20 12:45, Baldur Norddahl wrote:

Yes I once made a plan to have one VRF per transit provider plus a
peering VRF. That way our BGP customers could have a session with each
of those VRFs to allow them full control of the route mix. I would of
course also need a Internet VRF for our own needs.

But the reality of that would be too many copies of the DFZ in the
routing tables. Although not necessary in the FIB as each of the
transit VRFs could just have a default route installed.

We just opted for BGP communities :-).

Mark.