nanog mailing list archives

Re: Router Suggestions

From: Jared Brown <nanog-isp () mail com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 18:11:06 +0200

Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2020
From: "Matt Harris" <matt () netfire net>
On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 9:52 AM Jared Brown <nanog-isp () mail com[mailto:nanog-isp () mail com]> wrote:
My no-effort quote from last month lists just the box at $13,000. Once you are all in the total is that 1.5 multiple
Baldur mentioned compared to OP.

However, if you google "mx204 price" the first hit wants very much to sell you one for <$11,000. Caveat emptor and
YMMV.

Jared

Not all MX204's are created equal, however. For edge applications, many folks will want to go with the -IR model, and
the -R model is the fully-unrestricted one.
These will cost substantively more than the base model which has rib, fib, and vrf limitations enforced.
  True enough. I was, however, under the impression you could upgrade the license at a later date.

Jared