nanog mailing list archives

non-rate limited, automatable Looking Glasses?

From: Lars Prehn <lprehn () mpi-inf mpg de>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 23:33:34 +0200

Hi everyone,

In the next couple of months, I want to compare data plane and control plane measurements on a larger scale. In particular, I'm looking for (publicly accessible) devices that receive BGP feeds and can perform a bunch of automated (paris) traceroutes. I currently do not have an exact probing rate or target set in mind; however, I'm sure that manually entering IP addresses as targets for usual Looking glasses won't cut it. Does anyone know less-restricted (maybe even automatable?) Looking Glasses (or similar devices) or is willing to provide access to one?

BTW: I though about picking Atlas probes from ASes that feed BGP Collector Projects (e.g. RIPE RIS or RouteViews). Unfortunately, the respective probes are often really far apart from the feeding routers; thus, their individual perspectives are likely misaligned :(

Best regards,

Lars