nanog mailing list archives

Re: Provider Suggestions for Diverse 10g Wave CHI-NJ

From: Mehmet Akcin <mehmet () akcin net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 17:15:35 -1000

Visit https://live.infrapedia.com will show you several options

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 13:18 Kaiser, Erich <erich () gotfusion net> wrote:

I would take a look at Windstream I believe they have a route that goes
more south.

Erich Kaiser
The Fusion Network
erich () gotfusion net
Office: 815-570-3101

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 3:36 PM Josh Niec <josh.niec () tastytrade com>
wrote:

Hey Nanog,

Could anyone suggest providers for a diverse/alternative 10g wave service
between Equinix in Chicago and Equinix in New Jersey (northeastern part of
the state)? Currently we have a 10g wave service via the infamous Spread
Networks low-latency path between the two locations, but are looking for a
second that is completely diverse with no overlaps between the two data
centers.

Our current provider is Crown Castle Fiber, and half of the segment, from
the Ohio area to New Jersey, is leased from Zayo (who purchased Spread) by
CCF. I want diverse carriers for this other path, so Zayo/CCF are not an
option.

I’ve checked with CenturyLink/Level3 who are unable to provide a
completely diverse path. I have also reached out to Verizon who have been
dragging me through a 3 month+ long process with no proposals so far (they
wanted me to sign the contract before showing me the actual route of the
circuit, with no guarantee that it wouldn’t overlap).

Thanks,

Josh Niec

Senior Network Engineer

<https://www.tastytrade.com/tt/>
19 N Sangamon St.
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/19+N+Sangamon+St.+Chicago,+IL+60607?entry=gmail&source=g>
Chicago, IL 60607
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/19+N+Sangamon+St.+Chicago,+IL+60607?entry=gmail&source=g>
855.468.2789
*TASTYWORKS IS HERE!! *Have you heard about tastyworks yet?
*CLICK HERE <https://tastyworks.com/>* to be notified of updates
regarding our new brokerage firm.
Thank you for your communication to tastytrade.  To enhance your
tastytrade experience, our on-air hosts invite our viewers to submit
commentary and questions by email.  Consistent with the content provided on
our shows, our responses are intended to be general communications that are
not geared toward any person’s individual circumstances.  If you ask us how
to implement a specific strategy, we will explain the basics of the strategy
 to you as part of our educational process.  Our responses do not
constitute trading or investment advice or recommendations.  You are
responsible for making any trading decisions.  The strategies or trades
that tastytrade uses as examples may not be suitable for you.  tastytrade
is not a licensed financial advisor, a registered investment adviser or a
registered broker-dealer.

--
Mehmet
+1-424-298-1903