nanog mailing list archives

Re: Reaching out to Sony NOC, resolving DDoS Issues - Need POC

From: Töma Gavrichenkov <ximaera () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 20:56:15 +0300

Peace,

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020, 9:27 PM Octolus Development <admin () octolus net> wrote:

We're facing some reflected DDoS attacks, where the source address is
spoofed to appear to be our IPs, and as a result getting blacklisted.
Sony's support has told us to "change IPs"

Wait, are they blacklisting spoofed IP(v4?) addresses?  If so, this is
hilarious.  When at some point they will finally blacklist the whole 0/0,
the problem will be solved by itself.

Still, are you completely sure this is the accurate description of what
they are doing?

--
Töma