nanog mailing list archives

Re: 5G roadblock: labor

From: Shane Ronan <shane () ronan-online com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 19:48:26 -0500

VoWIFI from your cell phone is essentially the same thing, except your
phone has to build a tunnel to the providers EPC via an SGW because of the
untrusted connectivity.

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019, 7:45 PM Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com> wrote:

On 12/30/19 4:41 PM, Shane Ronan wrote:

Look up VoLTE.

Yeah I did, and confirmed it's just SIP+RTP over IP.  Which is why it's so
frustratingly hard to find the same simple diagram or whatever for vowifi.

Mike