nanog mailing list archives

Re: Jenkins amplification

From: Daryl <lists@soldmydata.online>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 13:39:10 -0600

On Mon, 3 Feb 2020 10:55:35 -0800 (PST)
Sabri Berisha <sabri () cluecentral net> wrote:

----- On Feb 3, 2020, at 10:35 AM, Christopher Morrow
morrowc.lists () gmail com wrote:

On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 1:26 PM William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
wrote:

VPN.

I love it when my home network gets full access to the corporate
network!

Most places I've worked at issue company controlled laptops with
company controlled VPN software which will disable all local access
and even disconnect if you dare to manually change the routing table
to access the printer in your home office.

In fact, a too tightly controlled VPN contributed to a 7 figure loss
during an outage at a company which name shall not be mentioned.

Your home network should have no access to the corp network. Your
company issued laptop should.

Thanks,

Sabri

That's how our company operates. I went a step further and put all
company issued equipment on it's own vlan at home.