nanog mailing list archives

Re: akamai yesterday - what in the world was that

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 13:41:50 +0200

On 24/Jan/20 01:35, Jared Mauch wrote:
Apple did this with the original iPhone. Turned out even in their
ecosystem they didn't get it right. The full restore images have
always been there and diffs didn't reappear until you could "OTA" the
device (WiFi)

Still the case today.

Diffs are only OTA. If you update via iTunes, it's the full whack. This
is why I stopped updates via iTunes 3 years ago.

I can't imagine how hard a console would be with every random app
writing data wherever.

Sandboxes and jails have been escaped as long as they have been around
as well so they can help but are far from perfect

Isn't the PS4 running FreeBSD :-)?

Mark.